Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The synonymn of a "Housewife"

I would like to tell you all that I have come to the conclusion that being a housewife is not at all glamorous. But that does not mean it does not have its own plus points. And i like to weigh my pros and cons. Its difficult to sit at home taking care of the house for your husband so that he comes to a beautiful home.
The morning begins with me lazying in bed, dreaming about waking up while my husband is already up by 5 in the morning, peering looks at me, hoping for me to wake up and go for a walk (which i promise every night I would and never do). He gives up and comes back by 7 from his PT and switches on the light (a signal that i wake up now). Hoping to finish my sleep later i wake up still thinking about the options for breakfast. Coming from south india has its own cons. I can only think of dishes like upma, Poha, dosa or the easy options like bread and scrambled eggs. Thankfully my husband settles for bread and eggs. To give it a wife-fy touch I add fruits and milk. He takes it all with a thankful smile. And honestly speaking, making breafast for your husband wins you points {more loving for later ;) }

Its 8 by the time he leaves and I laze about with the newspaper, browsing through the additional paper with a glass of warm water. I read a little and immediately turn to the sunsigns page. I believe in sunsigns and a avid reader of personalities (psychology did come in use). Then the 'bhaiya' who hovers around is given chores and my thoughts are far away from sleep now. The kitchen is clean, the living room dusted and the bedroom cleaned thoroughly now, i hover around him to make sure work is done. The 'safaiwala bhaiya' enters that saves me from hiring a maid (the uses of being in the unit life i guess). He does a good job (after all he is getting paid more than 5000 for just cleaning houses). Thats none of my business i know. Anyways now i tamper with my laptop, playing 'Farmville' and hoping to make money in the virtual world atleast. (seriously i need to get a job!!!)

the maid enters and the chopping is done and the dishes are cleaned. Then i begin my process of making lunch, hoping to finish it as soon as possible. The radio FM is loud in my LG LCD (i just love the way it looks) and then set to enjoy my cooking. By 12 i'm free and I get the clothes cleaned (thrice a week) and nowadays i'm quick about it. The Bigs ones goes to the 'dhobi bhaiya'. The Radio is still on, quite loud now and i'm sure the neighbours have closed the door firmly to keep the music out.

I wait for the day to over now and now the TV is on and i struggle with the Dish TV and see a movie half heartedly and tamper more with my lappie....

I get dressed for my husband now and its a treat to see his face at 3....

We talk, we love and thats just half of my day (it seems pretty long to me just writing it)

1 comment: