Wednesday, October 14, 2009

AWWA as i know it (the unpaid job)

I'm told about many intricacies of being an army officers wife. The duties, the theories and the responsibilities. I came prepared with the knowledge that I wont exactly be sitting at home and not working for anyone. There is AWWA (Army wives welfare association) that involves the officer's wives being actively implicate themselves with the jawans wives and their lives (be it personal or non- personal). You get to solely and publicly speak to them about hygiene, personal habits, house keeping, childern's studies. further education and the importance of participating in the central welfare association. I am still trying to get a hang of speaking when everyone stares at you as if you know everything. Women older to me look upto me and I have to act older to my age asking their welfare. Its touching to be treated thus. And no matter how nervous i feel as i get down from the gypsy i know that they have left all their house work just to attend the welfare meet coducted just before the central welfare. They dont get 'bhaiyas' like we do. Well this month was hectic though as i had to conduct RHQ, 4,5 and 6 bty welfare meets together and its difficult to handle so many women together who come more to talk than to listen.

The central welfare meet will be educational from now on wards. That means, no dance and songs...a lecture or speech, a quiz for kids, perhaps a song for entertainment and a few tips on health. I would be conducting mine in december and I know I have to have a lot of patience.

There is still more to say in this..so to be continued :)

No comments:

Post a Comment